As exciting as it is you’ve got a few things to take care when moving to your new home.
- Change The Locks: Who knows who has spare keys to the house.
- Check For Leaks: Should have been done at the time of the home inspection, but it never hurts to double check!
- Clean The Carpets: Get off to a fresh start and do this prior to moving in if you can.
- Wipe Out The Cabinets: Wipe out the cabinets inside and out before placing your dishes inside.
- Do You Need To Get Rid Of Any Critters?: Hopefully not, but if so do it before moving in.
- Familiarize Yourself With The Electric Box: Have an idea of which breakers control which areas of the home to be better prepared the next time the power goes out.
Read the entire article from House Logic.